It’s been a while because I have been so busy at work and with my kids and trying to get my business started (more to come on that soon). This will be a quick post, just a simple, run-of-the-mill homemade vapor rub for when congestion strikes, as it inevitably will in our house.
Store-bought rub is usually based on petrolatum…not a big fan of that. You can use beeswax or any wax of your choice for this recipe.
- 3/4 cup of any liquid oil (olive, almond, jojoba if you’re fancy, coconut oil is good too, I would not use castor oil because it’s kind of thick for my taste but maybe you like that)
- 1-2 tablespoons of shea butter (any butter you like is good)
- 3 tablespoons of wax pellets
- 40-50 drops of eucalyptus essential oil (less if it’s for a baby, more if you like it extra tingly)
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
Melt the wax, butter, and oil over a double boiler just until the wax is melted. Stir well. Pour into your container. Allow to cool and harden.